Friday, September 02, 2005

So while I'm on the subject of things that really get my goat ...

Those frigging Norwich Union ad's, where complete morons wet their knickers in joy because they get a cheaper car insurance.

British television. We used to regard cornball American programmes with contempt. Now they are sending over C.S.I - Crime Scene Investigation, The Shield, Law & Order, The Soprano's. All our lot can churn out are bad reality shows (I hope the tosser who devised Big Brother get's nits, not least of all for inflicting that mouth on legs, Davina McCall, on us), and those lamentable displays of amateur dramatics that are the British Soap Opera's; once used a fillers, these mind-numbing crap-fests now account for every single hour of the evening. Worse, you can't pick up a paper without reading about what these 'fictional' characters are doing ... like the whole country gives a shit !
I reckon they should get their own cable channel, which I will have the option not to subscribe to. People who hate soap opera's pay the licence fee as well, chaps, so give us a break :-(

Comedy icons they may be, but I could cheerfully live out my days without seeing another laughter-free, so-called American comedy starring Will Ferrell, Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler (or, for that matter, any other woefully unfunny 'comedian'). I recently sat through the dire Wedding Crashers and enough is enough. Sharing expenses on an 'Orange Wednesday' deal is fine, but I've sat through one too many films I didn't particularly want to see just to get a free cinema ticket. American humour does nothing for me.

And I wish they's stop remaking films. Pearce Brosnan in The Thomas Crown Affair? Not bad, but did we need it? Don't even get me started on Tim Burton's botched remake of Planet of the Apes. As for Starskey & Hutch with Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller ...

Right, rant over. Normal service wil now be resumed as soon as possible.

No comments: